Thursday, July 19, 2007

Doing What You Want?

Hey, stay-at-home moms: Is what you're doing now what you always wanted to do?

Many people ask me this and ask me if I actually like being at home. I had always known that I would stay home with my children. I just never really knew when I would find the courage to give up my teaching job of five years. Finances were also a big part of it. I never wanted to have the feeling that we were living paycheck to paycheck. Yes, money is tight, but we live within our budget. Luckily, my husband is very supportive with my decision and he gives up things because he knows that this is a priority for our family right now. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't think twice about staying with my job. I have learned that teaching jobs will always be around and that I can always go back to work, but my children won't be young forever. I hope that I will be able to continue to be at-home with my kids until they are school age. I wouldn't give up this opportunity up for any amount of money (or at least that is what I tell myself). I respect both moms who choose to be at home with their kids and moms who choose to go back to work. In the end, you have to choose what is right for your family. Is becoming a Stay-At Home Mom the right decsion? At the end of the day, I can say, Absolutely! Here are some links that I found interesting.

Ten Things Now To Stay At Home Later
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001506.cfm

Making The Transition from The Workplace to Home
http://homeparents.about.com/od/fromworktohome/

Is Becoming a Stay-At-Home Mom the Right Decision?
http://www.mommysavers.com/stay-at-home-moms/becoming-sahm-right-decision.shtml

No comments: